About Austria Scholarship Foundation
Austrian Scholarship Foundation is offering scholarships for undergraduates, graduates and postgraduates. Scholarships are awarded in the field of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts.
About OeAD Agency
The OeAD is the Austrian agency for international mobility and cooperation in education, science and research. The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduates, graduates and postgraduate
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts.
Scholarship Benefits: The quota depends on the budget:
- Monthly scholarship installment: 1.050 EUR
- Health insurance: OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health). The costs for the insurance have to be covered by the scholarship.
- Accommodation: It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing Office.The monthly costs are 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD Housing Office for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered by the scholarship. The OeAD Housing Office provides accommodation options at www.housing.oead.at.
- Travel Costs: Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin.
Eligible Nationalities: International students (except Austria) are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: Eligible for application are
- Descendents of forced labourers (regardless of their country of origin)
- Or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers.
Students meeting the above-mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research
- On their bachelor thesis
- On their diploma or master thesis
- Or their dissertation.
No scholarships are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships.
Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
Doctoral students: 40 years (born on or after March 1, 1978)
for other students: 35 years (born on or after March 1, 1983)
Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command over English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Application Procedure: The following documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application:
- Fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV and a project plan, describing the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria
- Two letters of recommendation from university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation, no specific form is required; they have to contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university/department and must be no older than six months at the time of application. The letters of recommendation and the confirmation of supervision cannot be issued by the same person.
- Confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian university, university of applied sciences or research institution
- Scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- University graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria resp. proof of enrollment at a study programme at a university outside Austria
- Confirmation, that proves your participation in a study programme (Bachelor, Master/Diploma or PhD) at your home university
- For descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs
The mode of applying is online.
Deadline: March 1, 2018
Study and research in Austria
With 70 higher education institutions and 2,000 degree programmes Austria offers a broad and versatile spectrum of study and research options. On the website www.studienwahl.at people who are interested in studying in Austria will find all degree programmes of the Austrian universities, private universities, universities of applied sciences and university colleges of teacher education.
Austria as a location for science and research excels due to its high quality of life, social security and modern infrastructure in a central location. The universities of music and the arts enjoy international renown. Approximately a quarter of the students in Austria are international students.
The federal government has set itself the target to achieve an R&D rate of 3.76 percent of the gross domestic product by 2020. They want Austria to become one of the innovation leaders. Austria’s scientists pursue research and development in forward-looking topics such as quantum physics, sustainable energy and traffic telematics, to name but a few. Austria as a location for science and research is attractive for international researchers for many reasons.