VoguePay goes to ITU Telecom World 2018
The Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, has selected VoguePay along with Farmcrowdy, prepclass.com.ng, Dropque, Wesabi.com and Zenafri, are the selected to fly Nigeria’s flag in Durban, South Africa, where International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Telecom World 2018 will be held, from September 10-13, 2018.
ITU Telecom World is a leading international platform for influential figures from government, corporates and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to accelerate ICT innovation, explore partnership solutions and investment opportunities.
The theme for this year’s event is “Innovation for Smarter Digital Development.”
VoguePay, an international secure online payment processor which has helped over 70,000 businesses send and receive payments across across North Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa will be represented by Mr. Mohammed Jega, head of business development.
Earlier this year, VoguePay upgraded to her latest version (VoguePay 3.0) which simplifies the way SME’s send and receive payment from local and international customers, and now supports up to 7 currencies namely: US Dollars, Euro, GBP, Ghanaian Cedis, Kenyan Shillings, South African Rands and Nigerian Naira with other Business Intelligence and analytics tools.
This cross-currency payment gateway enables VoguePay to offer local businesses the capacity to facilitate cross-border transactions easily and securely in order to improve their revenues.
Farmcrowdy: The startup is Nigeria’s leading digital agriculture platform focused on giving people the opportunity to invest in Agriculture by connecting farm sponsors with real farmers.
PrepClass is an edutech startups that offers academic solution. They provide customized learning program for every student.
Dropque is a simple one-way video interviewing solution that helps applicants showcase their personalities and help recruiters streamline the process online.
WeSabi.com is a startup that helps individuals and businesses find skilled workers in their neighbourhood, through a website and a mobile app.
ZenAfri Limited (formerly Lizzie’s Creations), create brilliant fun apps and games for kids that showcase Africa’s unique Culture and tells it’s stories.
The 4-day event will being with a ITU Specialized Session on Sunday 9th September 2018.
Other highlight of ITU World events will be
- ITU World Forum – The Forum will provide a platform for participants to gain expert insight, international perspectives, and understand the opportunities and challenges of smart digital development at the very highest level. A Keynote address will be delivered on the theme “Innovation for smarter digital development”. It will also feature other presentations from ministers, regulators or CEOs who will share their experiences and success stories a from the perspective of their countries or organizations, interactive panel debate, plenary and partner sessions.
- SME Programme – This session will provide a platform for support, visibility, investment and networking potential to tech SMEs from around the world looking to take their solutions or products to the next level. Other highlights of this session will be SME masterclass and Pitching sessions￼
- Exhibition – which will bring together companies, investors, innovators, projects and decision-makers to explore SMEs Stands and Pavilions from around the world.
- Awards – The Awards Programme at ITU Telecom World is designed to celebrate innovation and creativity that have provided ICT-based applications, solutions and initiatives are uniquely powerful and effective in improving lives all around the world and has helped in accelerating social and economic development across emerging and developed markets.
- Networking opportunities – In between all the sessions will be opportunities to connect with delegates, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors and all ITU Telecom World participants
Take part in a full programme of exhibition activities, from investment and acceleration workshops to demos, presentations, networking opportunities and pitching sessions.