Are you thinking of starting a YouTube channel?
With the increase in internet penetration and endless possibilities of making money online, starting a YouTube Channel is a sure way of increasing your income and it is recently called vlogging.
YouTube provides a platform where millions of videos uploaded monthly. It gives opportunities for individuals to pass knowledge, for a company, they can use it to increase brand visibility.
Subscribing to Google Adsense offers the possibility of making money from ads.
Click here to learn how to apply for Google Adsense for YouTube
For blog owners, it could help boost traffic to your blog.
Niches you can use to Start a YouTube Channel
- Starting a YouTube channel to promote a popular culture.
- To offer a tutorial on courses and specialities you are good at.
- To offer knowledge on how to troubleshoot a PC or Device
- For Tech Product Reviews.
- Sport Channels
- News Channels
- Gossip and Lifestyle Channels
- How To’s Channels
- Movies Channels and so on
Setting up the YouTube channel
To set up a YouTube channel you will need a personal Gmail account.
To create a gmail account start here.
After getting your google account follow these steps;
- Open YouTube.com and sign in
- Click on ‘My Channel’.
- Choose a personalized channel name. The name should reflect the niche you are in. For example, our Nigeria language channel could be named ‘Nigerian language-hub’. To do this, fill required fields and click ‘create channel’.
- Add a channel art, avatar/logo and channel description.
Now your YouTube channel is up and running. For user preferences such as connecting to social media, privacy, monetization, and uploading, explore the settings menu.
How to Upload to YouTube Channel
Not all uploads on YouTube are hand-captured videos. There are animations, slideshows with voiceovers and even songs. Once you have material ready for upload, sign in and take the following steps.
- Click upload at top right corner
- Select files or drag and drop to upload.
- Write a title and description of the video. These should be short and very catchy. The better it is the higher the chance of getting viewer’s attention.
- Tag the video
- Click on ‘publish’.
- Share to your other social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter etc).
If you want to use animations, you can check out these easy-to-use animation web tools; PowToon, GoAnimate, Creaza and moovly.
Found this post helpful? You can reach us through the comment section below.