Co-Creation Hub is accepting applications for the Giving4Good Challenge 2018. The Challenge has been designed to explore the ways in which technology can increase individual philanthropy towards CSOs and NGOs in Nigeria. Do you have an innovative idea to increase the funds raised for good causes in Nigeria? Apply for the Giving4Good Challenge.
CcHUB is running the Giving4Good challenge which will explore the ways CSO’s and NGO’s use technology to raise funds from individuals and donor organisations in both local and international/diaspora communities.
The constraints of individual philanthropy in Nigeria revolve around three major themes:Transparency & Accountability, Effective Communication , Ease of donating. The Challenge aims to bring technologists and civil society groups together, to develop mobile-based innovative platforms that can help address the constraints of individual philanthropy in Nigeria.
The Challenge is centered around the following problem statements:
- How might we increase the transparency of NGO’s and CSO’s reporting, to gain trust and encourage more individual donations in Nigeria?
- How might we effectively communicate the emotional appeal of causes supported by NGO’s and CSO’s, in order to trigger more individual philanthropy in Nigeria?
- How might we leverage technology to facilitate the ease of donating to NGO’s and CSO’s in Nigeria?
- The top 3 ventures will receive combined funding of up to £35,000.
- They will be supported by CcHUB Pre-Incubation program which will be focused n focused on product development, distribution and business modelling to turn their ideas into fully working products to launch in late 2018.
- Over the subsequent six months, the top three ideas will be supported with a range of services focused on product development, distribution and business modelling to turn their ideas into fully working products to launch in late 2018.
- Open to social innovators, teams, and individuals who have early stage ideas and are interested in turning them into scalable business solutions.
- They invite proposals from individuals and partnerships (of not more than 3 persons) from university students, software developers, academics, and entrepreneurs from the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
- Applicants must be of Nigerian citizenship living in Nigeria.
- They are looking for exciting technology-driven early stage ideas that can help encourage trust, and ultimately trigger donations to NGOs and CSOs in Nigeria.
- You can submit ideas for applications, technologies, tools, services or other kinds of digital innovation.
The Challenge will run in the following stages:
- Calls for ideas 6th March, 2018 – 13th April, 2018
- Idea Sprint Workshops 20th March, 2018 & 24th March, 2018
- Idea development 6th May, 2018 – 9th May 2018
- Pitching session 10th May, 2018
- Pre-incubation 31st May, 2018 -1st December, 2018
CcHub invites individuals and groups (not more than 3) to submit ideas of applications, technologies, tools, services or any other kind of digital innovation. They are particularly keen to hear great ideas for addressing the issues regarding Fundraising by CSO’s and NGO’s. These ideas could be related but not limited to financial inclusion, agriculture and education. To apply, please click here.
April 13, 2018